Michigan Filter Manufacturing is proud to introduce the Air Defense HD (High Dust) Mechanical Merv 8A Pleated Filter. Using the latest technology and R&D, the Air Defense HD line of filters provide a high dust holding capacity and are now available to the public.
- 100% synthetic, proprietary media resists moisture and damage
- Mechanical efficiency – achieves MERV 8A rating before and after a conditioning step
- Independently tested and verified for quality control
- Extremely low-pressure drop and high dust holding capacity
- Heavy-duty, moisture resistant beverage board frame
- A two-piece frame provides rigidity with double-wall thickness around the outer edge
- The die-cut pattern provides 50% more contact points between the media pack and frame
- Integral die-cut cross members provide strength and rigidity
- A water repellent adhesive used to bond the frame with the media pack
- Rust-resistant expanded metal support grid made of galvanized steel
- 100% water repellent, high-strength adhesive coats the entire interior of the frame
Air Defense uses intricate techniques in production control that will provide an efficient pleat count, height, shape, and spacing. A proprietary non-laminated process creates a high dust holding capacity with an extremely low-pressure drop.
The pleats have a moisture resistant media and construction that will hold together even when wet. Protecting it from extra buckling, collapsing, racking, warping, and bending. The galvanized steel metal grid even in the rough conditions will hold to its shape, withstand rust, and prevent fluttering.
The Air Defense line has an equal to or lower than the initial resistance levels to assist in being energy efficient. Additionally, it also outperforms the other standard and/or high capacity pleats, focusing on lower pressure drop and high dust holding. See the comparison chart above.